Aeronautics and space
Coatings and new materials
Systems and equipment
Inspection and measurement solutions
IK4-TEKNIKER´s offer for the aerospace sector encompasses the following areas:
- The development and optimisation of manufacturing processes such as ecological machining and with new lubricants; machining materials of difficult machinability; increasing the useful life of tools; direct and selective heat treatment via laser; monitoring production online; joining dissimilar materials (metal-compound); and high-performance micro drilling.
- The development of additive manufacturing technologies for large dimension components in steels and titanium, the hybridisation of machines, production of heads, and design and development of special machines.
- The development of intelligent manufacturing systems: intelligence which is integrated into both the machine and the process via the monitoring (embedded measurement systems) and analysis of data (predictive and prescriptive analysis).
- Flexible production lines such as the design and development of flexible and reconfigurable equipment, tooling and robots; the development of multi-tasking machines; and person-machine-robot collaborative environments: robots which are integrated in the processes.
- Automation and industrial robotics, computer vision, mobile platforms, robot-person collaboration, intelligent self-adapting tools, automated inspection of compound parts.
- The management of industrial production (productive models, lean manufacturing, the use of ICTs in the plant).
- The development of monitoring and management systems for the health status of equipment and components (Health monitoring).
- The development of portable machines for maintenance tasks such as inspection and repair.
- The development of online sensors for monitoring the oil status in lubricated systems.
- The development of intelligent maintenance systems, SAM (Smart Asset Management) platform for asset management, “Fingerprint” technology, intelligent devices for data capturing, processing and connectivity between machines; condition monitoring and prediction based on self-learning models.
- The integration of Industry 4.0 technologies (digitalisation, artificial intelligence, Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), etc.) in order to improve intelligent maintenance and production.
COATINGS AND NEW MATERIALS
- The development of multifunctional properties such as hydrophobic, anti-wear, anti-reflective, conductive or anti-scratch coatings, among others.
- The development of new materials.
- Surface treatments with a multi-technology approach (PVD, Laser, PEO, Sol Gel, NIL) on compound and metal components.
- Applied tribology: analysis and improvement of tribological properties of materials in operating conditions (fatigue, wear, friction, corrosion, etc.); design and development of representative tribological systems, and tribology in extreme conditions (vacuum and cryogenics).
SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT
- The development, design and manufacturing of complex mechatronic systems.
- The design and production of test benches for electromechanical, electrohydraulic actuators, transmissions, etc.
- Fluid mechanics, characterisation of MVR and shock absorber.
- SECU design and developments and control electronics for electro mechanical actuators (EMA).
INSPECTION AND MEASUREMENT SOLUTIONS
- The design of advanced solutions that can be integrated in the process: photogrammetry, inverse multilateration, patterns.
- The development of customised equipment for improved and automated inspection.
- Verification, calibration and certification of parts, components, measuring systems and patterns.
- Large scale metrology.
- Diagnosis of reasons for malfunction of components.
- Verification of the behaviour of mechanical components in use.