Solar thermal energy
Photovoltaic solar power
Tekniker´s offer in terms of the renewable energy sector encompasses the following areas:
SOLAR THERMAL ENERGY
- New components for thermoelectric solar power plants such as automatic calibration systems for heliostats, new solar concentration systems, precision solar trackers, small heliostats, test benches and assembly process monitoring and checking systems.
- Coatings with hydrophobic, hydrophilic, biocide, self-cleaning and photocatalytic features, etc. or coatings and surface functionalisation of materials for optical applications such as, among others, selective, reflecting and anti-reflecting coatings.
- Thermal storage and transfer by modelling and simulating thermo-hydraulic systems; development, characterisation and monitoring of heat transfer fluids and molten salts. The encapsulation of Phase Change Materials (PCM) and the use of nanotechnologies to improve the thermal properties of materials.
- Optimised control, operation and maintenance of thermoelectric solar plants through low-water consumption systems, implementing the Industry 4.0 approach (ad hoc sensors, automatic field inspections, Big Data analysis, advanced controls and wireless communication systems) and by analysing the degradation of HTFs and molten salts.
Development of advanced controls for machines and wind farms.
Development of test benches and testing of components.
Improvement of corrosion resistance in marine environments; the development of paint and functional coatings for extreme environments.
Mechatronic design and simulation.
Optimised operation and maintenance strategies through monitoring machines and wind farms, Big Data analysis and image analysis for predictive maintenance. Lubrication of critical elements (study and improvement of the lubrication, lubricant control, remaining lifetime expectancy and online sensors).
PHOTOVOLTAIC SOLAR POWER
- Optimised control, operation and maintenance of solar photovoltaic plants through low-water consumption cleaning systems by means of an Industry 4.0 approach (ad hoc sensors, automatic field inspection, Big Data analysis and advanced controls), improvements in terms of operation and maintenance and process automation.
- CIGS solar cells and transparent solar cells that absorb the ultraviolet region of the spectrum and the development of transparent conductor oxides.
- Development and testing of Redox flow batteries for electric storage.
- Design of phase change smart materials for thermal storage.
- Development of magnetically levitated flywheels for kinetic storage.
- Efficient management, control and monitoring of facilities to ensure comfortable conditions at a minimal cost, especially in buildings for tertiary use.
- Modelling and control of heat and cold distribution networks to develop and optimise district heating and cooling systems.
- Collection and use of waste heat in industrial processes.
- Development of smart building materials to improve thermal properties (inertia, conductivity, etc.) and surface properties (cleanliness, transmissivity, emissivity, etc.)
- The development of kinematic motors for different applications ("waste to energy", solar, etc.), testing and characterisation of motors and subsystems, development of new controls. Diagnostic services and repair of V160-V161 configuration motors.