Solar thermal energy
Photovoltaic solar power
IK4-TEKNIKER´s offer in terms of the renewable energy sector encompasses the following areas:
SOLAR THERMAL ENERGY
- New components for thermoelectric solar power plants such as automatic calibration systems for heliostats, new solar concentration systems, precision followers, small heliostats, test benches and assembly process monitoring and checking systems.
- Coatings with hydrophobic, hydrophilic, biocide, self-cleaning and photocatalytic features, etc. or coatings and surface functionalisation and coatings of materials for optical applications such as, among others, selective, reflecting and anti-reflecting coatings.
- Thermal storage and transfer by modelling and simulating thermo-hydraulic systems; development, characterisation and monitoring of heat-bearing fluids and molten salts and the encapsulation of Phase Change Materials (PCM) and the use of nanotechnologies to improve the thermal properties of materials.
- Control, operation and maintenance of thermoelectric solar plants through low-water consumption systems based on an Industry 4.0 approach (ad hoc sensors, automatic field inspections, Big Data analysis, advanced controls and wireless communication systems) and by analysing the degradation of HTFs and molten salts.
- Development of advanced controls for machines and wind farms; the development of test benches for components and their testing; improvement of corrosion resistance in marine environments; the development of paint and functional coatings for extreme environments; mechatronic design and simulation; operation and maintenance strategies (monitoring machines and wind farms, Big Data analysis and visual analytics for predictive maintenance); a study and lubrication improvements, lubricant control and forecasts on remaining life cycles and online sensors).
- CIGS solar cells and transparent solar cells that absorb the ultraviolet region of the spectrum; the development of transparent oxide conductors; the improvement of operation and maintenance and process automation.
PHOTOVOLTAIC SOLAR POWER
- Control, operation and maintenance of solar photovoltaic plants through low-water consumption cleaning systems by means of an Industry 4.0 approach (ad hoc sensors, automatic field inspection, Big Data analysis and advanced controls), by developing CIGS and transparent solar cells that absorb the ultraviolet region of the spectrum; the development of transparent conducting oxides; improvements in terms of operation and maintenance and process automation.
- Development and testing of Redox flow batteries for electric storage.
- Design of phase change smart materials for thermal storage.
- Development of magnetic sustenance inertia flywheels for kinetic storage.
- Efficient management, control and monitoring of facilities to ensure comfortable conditions at a minimal cost, especially in buildings for tertiary use.
- Modelling and control of heat and cold distribution networks to develop and optimise district heating.
- Collection and use of residual industrial heat.
- Development of smart building materials to improve thermal properties (inertia, conductivity, etc.) and surface properties (cleanliness, transmissivity, emissivity, etc.)
- The development of kinematic motors for different applications ("waste to energy", solar, etc.), testing and characterisation of motors and subsystems, development of new controls and diagnostic services and repair of V160-V161 configuration motors.