Due to the wide range of technological horizontal applications that TEKNIKER has developed over recent years, the energy sector and its suppliers have found a technological provider that is noted for its ability to undertake multi-discipline projects, capable of providing integral solutions to specific problems.
Concentrating Solar Power
- Design of new components.
- Stirling engines.
- Solar collectors.
- Precision trackers and solar sensoring.
- Test benches.
- Coatings. (PDF)
- Functionalization of optical surfaces: selective, reflective or antireflecting coatings.
- Development of hydrophobic, hydrophilic, biocide, self-cleaning or photocatalitic surfaces.
- Heat transfer and storage.
- Modeling and simulation of thermohydraulic systems.
- Development characterisation and monitorization of HTFs.
- Design and characterisation of Phase Change Materials (PCMs) for energy storage at different temperature ranges (PDF)
- PCMs encapsulation and use of nanotechnology for improving thermal properties of storage and transfer materials.
- Chemical and structural analysis of molten salts.
- Chemical reactions for energy storage.
- Set-up, operation and maintenance.
- Autonomous heliostats or throughs (wireless)
- Predictive maintenance based on HTF analysis. (PDF)
- Detoxification of water and soils contaminated by HTFs. (PDF)
- New O&M strategies.
- Taylor made systems for control and verification of assembly processes.
- Geometric characterisation of collectors.
- Energy-efficiency optimisation.
Reference customers: Abengoa Solar New Technologies, Sener, Torresol Energy, ACS-Cobra, Aries Ingeniería y Sistemas, Samca Renovables, Rioglass Solar, PSA.
Download our Concentrated Solar Power brochure (PDF)
Photovoltaic Solar Energy (PDF)
- Development of CIGS (Copper indium gallium selenide)solar cells: chalcopyrite absorbers, CIGS, contacts and buffer layer.
- Development of transparent conductive oxite (TCO)
- Development of laser scribing processes for thin layer cells.
Reference customers: Soliker, Saint Gobain, Acerinox.
Thermal and electrical storage
- Magnetically suspended flywheels.
- Vanadium redox batteries (VRB)
- Design of intelligent materials for thermal storage (PDF)
Reference customers: Corporación Zigor, Acciona Infraestructuras, Ciemat.
- Advanced maintenance strategies.
- Lubrication of critical elements (Wearcheck Ibérica)
- Developments of biolubricants.
- Control in use of lubricants, on-line sensors, remaining useful live estimation, etc.
- Mechatronic simulation and design.
- Development of advanced control strategies.
- Equipment monitoring and instrumentation.
Reference customers: Gamesa, Iberdrola Renovables, Acciona, GE-Wind, Alstom Wind, EDP Renovables.