IK4-TEKNIKER provides for the biomedicine sectorin four main areas:
- Identification and quantification of biomarkers
- Tissue engineering
- Health products manufactured by microinjection
- Equipment for the bio industry
1. Identification and quantification of biomarkers
- For pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies interested in the control and monitoring of biomarkers in body fluids (liquid biopsies) for personalised medicine.
- Easy-to-use, low-cost devices touse at home.
- Rapid detection in low concentrations using micro and nanotechnology capabilities.
- Capabilities for multiplexed detection made-to-measure for specific biomarkers.
2. Tissue engineering
- For companies developing cell therapies and those requiring biofunctional surfaces such as implant manufacturers.
- Development of 2D and 3D scaffolds in a variety of materials.
- Geometric specific design for cell differentiation and proliferation.
- Development of coatings and/or textures for biofunctional surfaces for accelerating osseointegration or biocide layers with antibacterial activity.
3. Health products manufactured by microinjection
- Development of health products in biocompatible and/or biodegradable polymers and manufactured by microinjection.
- Manufacture of prototypes for feasibility studies.
- Injection simulation to guarantee filling of cavities.
- Design, manufacture and the setting up of moulds.
- Manufacture of pre-series prior to market launch.
- Monitoring of process and product for zero-defect manufacturing.
4. Equipment for the bio industry
- Drawing up specifications for converting laboratory processes into repeatable and reproducible ones.
- Design and development of equipment under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) use.
- Customised solutions based on the integration of skills and know-how in mechatronics, control, robotics and automation.